There were several private meat processors in the age of Polish Brest-on-the-Bug. One of them was Ignacy Petkiewicz, who back in 1930 got permission from the municipal authorities to convert a part of a residential house into a sausage shop which would become a production facility of the Brest Meat Processing Plant once thereafter. November 19, 1939 is considered to be the company birthday. It was the day when a slaughterhouse on Jagiellonskaya Street in Brest was first ever recorded on the Register of Employees of Institutions and Enterprises. The company was incorporated in the Western Belarusian meat and dairy industry, directly subordinate to the Meat Industry Trust in Bialystok. The first official address was number 135 on Moskovskaya Street. The first CEO – Abram Girshin, Director. The total staff by the end of 1939 – 71.